Thursday, November 12, 2009

Understanding "Sus" Chords

Sus4 chords have no third, which is "suspended" (sus = suspended) and replaced by a fourth. A variant of the sus-chord is the sus2, where the third is replaced with a second. The sus-chords are neither major nor minor chords. Ex: Csus4 consists of the notes C, F and G.


Key of G chord sequence is G - Em - C - D or D7

Let me know if there is a chord you would like to see here:

Key of G chords in tablature and music staff

Click on the image below to make it bigger.

http://www.dpmusicservices.com/

e-mail me dtpreston@verizon.net I look forward to hearing from you. Dominic



3 comments:

E.G. Sebastian said...

Great idea!

I"ll get my son to follow you... He's a new guitar addict; so hopefully he'll find your blog useful.

Suggestion: write your email address as dtpreston[at]verizon.net, orhterwise you'll end up with thousands of spam daily, really soon. There are robots that are harvesting email addresses all over the net... (I simply took my email addresses off my sites and use contact me forms)

E.G. Sebastian said...

P.S. - I had difficulty finding the "Comment" link... I thought you didn't have one; but than in about a minute I found it... Is there an option to move that to the bottom of your post? Or on the top?

Anonymous said...

e.g. Thanks for the heads-up on that. I must have a look out for that and see.